Monday, October 6, 2014

Yoga School Dropout . . .Part 2

Remember this post?   The one where I swore I would never again attempt to tackle yoga because it made my head spin?

Last time I check my head housed my brain.  Right?

Well maybe not. . .

 You see, I discovered the Center for Well Being recently opened by our local hospital.   And it seemed custom-made for me.   They offer classes and treatments for medically-challenged people - like moi.    And it's beautifully zen-like inside. . . spa music. . .water sounds. . . tai ch'i classes. . .Himalayan singing bowls. . . acupuncture and jin-shin-jyutsu. . .you name a type of complementary or alternative medicine - they offer it.

And I don't quite know where my head was, but when I saw they offered a class called restorative yoga, I decided to give it a try.  It was the restorative word that got me, really.  Couldn't be that much movement.  Could it?

But once again it was my head that was the problem.

I told the instructor before starting the class that I was prone to motion sickness and couldn't do the upside-down-topsy-turvey-doggy-froggy kind of stuff.   And she assured me that we would be lying on the floor the entire time.  But what she didn't tell me was that I would be rolling that head from side to side while lying there.

Now I don't want to upset you with the beastly details of what ensued after all that rolling.  Let it suffice to say that I now equate the word restorative with a distinct memory of hanging my head over the toilet in the serene and zen-like ladies room.

Yes, my friends, A Mom on Spin was the first individual in the history of womankind whose proclivity for vertigo caused her to lose her lunch in a restorative yoga class.

Proof positive that my brain was not housed in my head that day, but most-likely in the area that zen-like toilet was designed to seat instead!